Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

How do I change the revenue rule for my existing and future subscriptions and Posted invoices?

How do I change the revenue rule for my existing and future subscriptions and how can I update the posted invoices with this new revenue rule?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Staff

Re: How do I change the revenue rule for my existing and future subscriptions and Posted invoices?

To change the revenue rule to a new rule you will need to follow the steps:

1. Update the revenue rule in the Product Catalog rate plan charge. This will change the existing subscriptions rate plan charge to use this new revenue rule and new subscriptions to be created will use this new rule

pcrp rev rul.png 

1. To change the posted invoices from prior – current accounting periods you will have to re-open all accounting periods.
  2. You will now download the Mass updater template for Update Revenue schedules by clicking on Mass updater link:

mass updater link to open.png

1. Now you will select the update revenue schedule from the dropdown menu and click on the download template link:

mass updater link.png

5. Fill out the template with the information from your existing revenue report in the accounting periods. You will copy over the information for the line item revenue schedules into the template.

Mass Updater template.png

Column A= Enter Revenue schedule #

Column B= Line item amount on revenue schedule

Column C=Currency

Column D=Copy and paste to all line items updated

Column E=Blank

Column F= Select the new revenue rule, copy and paste to all line items updated

ColumnG & H= Enter the revenue start and end dates

Column I-End of dates= Enter the date of the accounting period EXACTLY as your accounting periods in your tenant

1. Save the template as a CSV file
  2. Upload the template in the mass updater tool

upload CSV .png

1. Make sure the file is uploaded successfully, if it fails, click on the response file and check the errors listed, correct the file and upload again
  2. Run the trial balance in the accounting periods, check the revenue report to make sure the revenue distribution is correct and once the review is completed you can close the periods.

**NOTE: Run the trial balance from the oldest accounting period to the newest accounting period, but make sure the trial balance is completed before running the trial balance on the next accounting period, otherwise you can lock up the periods if the trial balances are ran at the same time and will then need Engineering to help fix this.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √