- Navigate to Billing > Credit and Debit Memos in the left-hand navigation section.
- On the Credit and Debit Memos page, click create credit/debit memo.
- Specify the following information in the Basic Information area:
- In the Memo Type area, click Credit.
- From the Customer Account list, select a customer account.
- From the Invoice list, select an invoice.
- In the Memo Date field, specify the date when the memo takes effect. The default value is today's date. Note that the memo date must not be in the closed accounting periods.
- From the Reason Code list, select the reason for the memo.
- (Optional) Select Apply to this invoice upon posting check box to apply the credit memo to the invoice upon posting.
- (Optional) Select the Exclude from auto-apply rules check box to unapply the payment run processing rule to this memo. The payment run processing rule is to auto-apply the unapplied credit memos on invoices and debit memos during the payment runs. For more information, see Creating a Payment Run.
- (Optional) In the Comments field, enter comments related to this adjustment.
- Select the small plus symbol beside each invoice item so the Tax Engine can calculate the appropriate tax. By doing this, you should see the Total Available To Credit Amount equal to the Total Amount.
03-30-2021 12:56 PM
Credit Memo Error: "Tax items of memo do not match that of the associated invoice item"
If when choosing to create a credit memo you see, "Tax items of memo do not match that of the associated invoice item," you may need to do the following: