Happy Business Starts Here

Invoice Preference Email Option on the Account

Aslam
Community Manager

Invoice Preference Email Option on the Account

Question:

We have a requirement to stop sending Invoice emails to the customer.
The invoice Preference email option on the Account is unchecked.
However, an Invoice Email was sent out to the customer after the Invoice is posted.
We could only stop sending emails by inactivating the Invoice Post Events.
This would require a new communication profile with inactive Invoice Post events. Please advise if the change to the communication profile is the option and not the Email preference flag.

Answer:

When a customer account has set the "Invoice Delivery Preference" to "Email" and has an email address, the invoice will be sent upon enabling "Invoice Posted | Invoice Posted within a Bill Run of Auto-Post" notification. However, if you wish to stop sending an email to a customer, setting "Invoice Delivery Preference" to "No" would not help if the contact has an email. In this case, we should make sure to disable "Invoice Posted | Invoice Posted Manually" and "Invoice Posted | Invoice Posted via API" notifications to stop emailing the invoices completely.

As a workaround in this use-case, creating a new communication profile for the user who has an email account and turning off "Invoice Posted | Invoice Posted Manually" and "Invoice Posted | Invoice Posted via API" notifications in that communication would help here. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √