Happy Business Starts Here

REST authentication error: User is unauthorized to perform this operation

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

REST authentication error: User is unauthorized to perform this operation

After generating a new bearer token, I'm unable to use this simple API:

curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer <access-token>” -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://rest.apisandbox.zuora.com/v1/payments?accountId=<account-id>”
{
  "success" : false,
  "processId" : "F790716ACB316649",
  "reasons" : [ {
    "code" : 50000000,
    "message" : "User is unauthorized to perform this operation. Please contact your company administrator for permission."
  } ]

What can be wrong? The API user has correctly the API role which has API write permissions. I've tried with a couple of accounts with the same results. Maybe something needs to be activated on my instance?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Staff
Zuora Staff

Re: REST authentication error: User is unauthorized to perform this operation

I just tried this in my test tenant, and it worked.  Can you try to verify that your oauth works by accessing the /v1/identify endpoint?

Highlighted
Zuora Staff
Zuora Staff

You could also query /genesis/user/info to verify that you have "permission.ARSettlement" in your list of permissions as that seems like the current error preventing you from executing that API successfully.

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Hi Chi,

You're right, I don't see the "ARSettlement" permission in the list returned. I can use other endpoints without any issues. I'll see how I can activate that permission for this API account.

Thanks!