Happy Business Starts Here

Student

How to trigger actions

I am writing an internal API to react to triggers from Zuora.  There are multiple triggers where you can define an email or an URL to handle the event.  These are found in the "Setup Profiles, Notifications and Email Templates" section of billing or other modules.

An example, Billing > Setup Profiles, Notifications and Email Templates > Upcoming Renewal | 30 days before auto renewal

What I would like to know is what do i need to do to make the Sandbox trigger this event so I can test the entire cycle from Zuora to my ultimate endpoint?  Are there test modules available to manipulate the sandbox so these events fire upon command (rather than the internal job mechanism)?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Re: How to trigger actions

I did not find any test modules. What I did was leverage the Workflow app. If I know what data is being sent from the Zuora notification and what the json looks like, I build a similar 'notification' as a workflow. Basically use an 'Export' task to spit out the  relevant data, interate over each record, then a 'Callout' task to mold the data into what the json would look like and to send a callout to an external api.

You can infer what the conditions would be when using the 'Export' task.

Not perfect, but at least it helps move forward with testing things like 30 day notices. Otherwise you're waiting a day to test once.

Valued Scholar

If you don't have the WF app, then you can write another api call to extract the data into the json package you expect receive and send it to your other api...

Student

No Workflow app available.  

Student

Looks like this may be the only solution.  I am doing this via Postman at the moment.  One record at a time.