Happy Business Starts Here

AQUA is_deleted field is always false

Highlighted
New Student

AQUA is_deleted field is always false

I am using AQUA, downloading data incrementally using stateless queries, keeping track of my own high watermark. I retrieve the deleted records, hoping the 'is_deleted' field is populated appropriately - but the is_deleted field always returns 'false'. Here's the request I send using https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Central_Platform/API/AB_Aggregate_Query_API/Bulk_data__extraction_... as a guide:

{ 
"format": "csv",
"version": "1.0",
"name": "Test",
"encrypted": "none",
"useQueryLabels": "true",
"dateTimeUtc": "true",
"queries": [
{
"name":"Subscription",
"query":"select accountid,id,name,updatedbyid,updateddate,version from Subscription where UpdatedDate >= 2020-06-24T00:00:00",
"deleted":
{
"column":"is_deleted",
"format":"Boolean",
"forceExport":true
},
"apiVersion": "96.0",
"type":"zoql"
}]
}
Here's the response - notice the 'forceExport' property is missing:
{
  "useLastCompletedJobQueries": false,
  "encrypted": "none",
  "batches": [
    {
      "deleted": {
        "column": "is_deleted",
        "format": "Boolean"
      },
      "localizedStatus": "pending",
      "recordCount": 0,
      "apiVersion": "96.0",
      "batchType": "zoql",
      "full": true,
      "batchId": "2c92a0ff72e5fd140172f1351b7050be",
      "status": "pending",
      "name": "Subscription",
      "query": "select accountid,id,name,updatedbyid,updateddate,version from Subscription  where UpdatedDate >= 2020-06-24T00:00:00"
    }
  ],
  "status": "submitted",
  "name": "Test",
  "id": "2c92a0ff72e5fd140172f1351b6250bd",
  "offset": 0,
  "version": "1.0",
  "format": "CSV"
}
The file that is returned does not include records I know have been deleted - even though it includes the is_deleted field - and all the is_deleted field values are 'false'.

What am I doing wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Re: AQUA is_deleted field is always false

Hi,

I recently explored how to get the deleted records from Zuora. One of the things I see in the request that you sent is that "type:zoql". As far as I understood and tried, Zuora gives back deleted records only if the query type is ZoqlExport. Can you try changing the parameter as "type:zoqlexport" and the query as "select account.id, id, name, updatedDate from Subscription where ..".

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sundar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support SME

This post might help most likely. 

https://community.zuora.com/t5/API/How-to-export-the-deleted-data-using-AQuA-API/m-p/33181

It's suggested to use stateless AQuA queries to extract the deleted data. 

If you would like to use stateful, you need a partner id and "

Must be set to version 1.1 to export deleted data.

Sample stateful AQuA requests can be found in https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Central_Platform/API/AB_Aggregate_Query_API/BA_Stateless_and_State...

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Hi,

I recently explored how to get the deleted records from Zuora. One of the things I see in the request that you sent is that "type:zoql". As far as I understood and tried, Zuora gives back deleted records only if the query type is ZoqlExport. Can you try changing the parameter as "type:zoqlexport" and the query as "select account.id, id, name, updatedDate from Subscription where ..".

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sundar

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Student

Thank you, Sundar. The zoqlexport type did indeed result in the is_deleted field to be populated. Now I need to rewrite my queries to include object names!