Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Syntax error in formula

Dear Community,

in my word document I get an error message for calculations done with the a mergefield.

The issue is, that the formula seems to work for most of the invoices, but not for all.

{={Mergefield TaxSummary.TaxExtendedAmount}/{TaxSummary.TaxRate}/100} is delivering most of the times the correct value, but a view time !syntaxError.

I figured out, that the error is issued by the field TaxExtendedAmount.

Background:

Because of the german VAT change I need to show on some invoices both tax rates and both tax amounts. Therefore I use the TaxSummary table. Issue is that this table does not contain the net amount by tax rate, so I claculate this by dividing the TaxExtendedAmount with the TaxRate.

Maybe this is not the best way I do it ... How do you solve the issue to show the separate net amounts for invoices with different tax rates?

Answers in German are also welcome 😉

Kind regards

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Student

Re: Syntax error in formula

Hey Thomas,

I can´t fix your syntax problem, but maybe our solution for this problem, which is able to show all cases correctly, can lead you in the right direction.

Big Kudos for helping us with their solution to the guys from Ranking coach!

If you need further assistance implementing it, just send me a message via the private message system.

Cheers

Ben

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Hi Ben,

thanks for sharing. Looks very good for me. I checked a few of my invoices, I like the part with BMG2 beeing the difference. With my solution I had rounding issues.

I get the right numbers, great, but also :Error! Bookmark not defined ... no worries I will figure this out.

Kind regards

Thomas

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Got it ... {Currency] of course is not defined!

Thanks

Highlighted
Student

Hey Thomas,

good news that you could make it work, you´re welcome.🙂

Cheers

Ben