Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Community Manager

[New] Keyword Search Subscription Notifications

Good day, Community Advocates!

We've enabled a new feature in the Community that I'd love for you to test out which a way to get email notifications for keywords. I'm hoping to announce this to the general community sometime next week, but wanted to give you all a chance to provide any feedback.

Example:

If you have the following keywords in your list:

ASC 606 subscription Economy

You'll receive an email will be sent for any mention of ASC, 606, subscription or Economy. 

Important things of which to take note:

• It is NOT case sensitive so "ASC" = "asc" =  "aSc" = "ASc" and so forth
  • For key phrases (e.g. "Subscription Economy"), please use the query operators in the table below. If you do not include the operator, you may receive a notification for any mention of either "subscription" and/or "economy".
  • Your own posts may trigger an email; it is not designed to do so, but it may still occur as this is a bug that Lithium is investigating.

Try it out

1. Go to your profile (upper right-hand corner next to your name, "View Profile" )
  2. Under Quick Links, click on "My Settings"
  3. Click on the "Subscriptions & Notifications" tab
  4. Click on "Search Subscriptions"
  5. In the Search Query box, enter your keywords.  Do not use any commas or quotes.  Enter all of your words in a line (like the above example).
  6. Click on the Save button
  7. Test by creating a post (feel free to reply to this post to test if you'd like)
  8. You should receive an email with the Subject: Search Match in Zuora Community

Please let me know if the above instructions could use some screenshots, etc.  Thanks!

Lana

=== Additional Reference

When entering search queries, pay attention to the following:

• Search queries are not case sensitive
  • Asterisks (*) and question marks (?) must be preceded by an alphanumeric character
  • Quotes (") can be used around multiple terms to search for an exact phrase
  • Special characters (%$#@) must be inside quotation marks ("%")
  • Parentheses must be closed on both ends
  • Using foreign characters in a search query is not supported

Search queries can include one or more of the following operators:

QUERY EXAMPLES EMAILS SENT WHEN
Including/excluding specific terms or phrases
milk AND honey
milk honey
+milk +honey
Posts include both "milk" and "honey" in any field, in any order.
milk OR honey Posts include either "milk" or "honey" in any field, in any order.
"heavy metal" NOT "heavy duty" Posts include the exact phase "heavy metal" but no other combinations of the 3 words.
+grain -rice
grain NOT rice
Posts use the term "grain" but not "rice".
"milk honey"
milk+honey
Posts use the exact phrase "milk honey".
+"blue bird" AND parrot Posts use the exact phrase "blue bird" AND the term "parrot".
+"blue bird" OR parrot Posts use the exact phrase "blue bird" OR the term "parrot".
(+"blue bird" AND parrot) -owl Posts use the exact phrase "blue bird" AND the term "parrot" but NOT the term "owl".
(+blue +black) OR (+pink +purple) Posts include "blue AND black" in an order, in any field OR "pink AND purple" in an order, in any field.
Using wildcards
mi* Posts include words that start with "mi" (like milk) but not words that include "mi" in middle (dynamite) or end (demi).
dy*mi* Posts include words that start with "dy" and include "mi" in the middle of the word (like dynamite).
te?t Posts include a 4-letter word that starts with "te" and ends in "t" (like "text" and "test" but not "term" or "tested").
Specifying fields to search in
title:roses The word "roses" is used in the title (subject) field.
teaser:roses The word "roses" is used in the Blog or TKB teaser field.
body:roses The word "roses" is used in the body field.

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
15 REPLIES 15
Guru

Re: [New] Keyword Search Subscription Notifications

Thanks for the heads up on this new feature.  Looking forward to seeing some results when things are posted about CPQ, Salesforce, 360 Sync, or Reporting.

Guru

Thank you Lana, it was very easy to set up.  My only recommendation would be a friendly reminder to open it in a new window so that you can still follow the instructions Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Thanks @ehavens and @rjohnson

Good point about the new window...I'll make sure to make that happen.  

"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Guru

Could the notification we get, include more details on the post?  right now it's just a link to the post and a link to our profile.  The Subject or even which word it matched on would help.  I know it's not time consuming to click a link and read the post.  I'm already starting to get some and it took me awhile to find which word and where it was in the post.  It was reporting and it was in the URL text of a link someone was referencing.  Not exactly relevant, so maybe reporting is too broad of a word to use.

Guru

Testing to see what the notification looks like if a post mentions apex.

Maggie Longshore
Community Manager

@ehavens - I'll have a look at the email template and see what I can provide.  It *might* not be able to extract the keyword that you've put in, but if I'm able to provide the post text (similar to the new post notifications when you subscribe to threads/forums), would that work?

I'll let you all know when it's ready for a retest.

==

Thanks for testing @MaggieL - LMK your feedback.

Guru

Same comments as Erin, the email doesn't have any information to make me curious about the posts content.

I would like it to show which discussion group the thread is in - the thread title and who the reply is by.

Also I would like to be able to use user names in the search such that I don't miss anything that @ehavens writes.

Maggie Longshore
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @MaggieL!

I recall that there was to be a way to subscribe to a certain user's posts, but somehow it disappeared or maybe the font is just small. I'll have another look.  It's silly NOT to have that feature.

Hang tight and keep the feedback coming!

Lana

Guru

I put the user names in my search list. But it didn't work since I did not get notified of my post mentioning ehavens.

Maggie Longshore