Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Community Manager

[Feedback Needed] Help us improve Community search

We're actively working on making our Community search better and we need your help.

• What's your experience with searching on the Community?
  • Tell us some aspects of our search that make it difficult for you to find content?
  • What features would make our search better?
  • What sites have you used (other than Google, lol) that have excellent search engines?

The more information you give us (with examples, if you can) the more helpful it'll be. We want our customers to be able to find the information they need as quickly as possible so that they can solve their problems or participate.

Thanks in advance,

Lana

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: [Feedback Needed] Help us improve Community search

As for me, I think that the performance of the search engine is not bad.
"Sorted by: Best Match" brings the information I want.

Rather, I think that the result of the search should be more gentle to those who are not good at English (like me! I can not write this sentence without Google Translate!).
In other words, with the title of the post and the beginning of the body displayed as the search result, it is hard to judge whether it is an article I checked already.

It is important to immediately judge "whether it is an article I checked already".
When I want new information, I avoid it. When I want to re-read articles I saw in the past (but I forgot to subscribe! I can not remember the title!), It will become a guide to re-find it.

Therefore, I think that the following information should be displayed in the search result:

• Whether it is an article I checked already
  • If checked, that date / time
  • Whether I already have given Vote or Kudo

<My Image>

searchIdea001.png

Community Manager

This is really good feedback @yamasaki1ma and I'll make note of it.  I can see how helpful it'd be to have a date/timestamp on when the article was read for the sake of context.

I'll pass this along to the team as we revisit the search. Thanks for the feedback!

"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Community Manager

Posting this feedback here from a partner:

"Difficulties in not being able to get to a dashboard containing all my threads that I authored or that I have commented on. It would be helpful if that was easier to navigate to in Community. Perhaps that already exists but I can't find it."

Anyone else have input on the user dashboard and any other things that are preventing you from finding relevant content?