Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Why was my invoice split multiple times automatically?

Description:
I used the Invoice Split function to split an invoice. I just did a separate, then got the first set of split invoices:

1.png

However, I saw a second set of split invoices were created. How were these created and why?

2.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

RE: Why was my invoice split multiple times automatically?

Root Cause:
This is a known issue with tracking number INV-43. And the issue happens only when multiple InvoiceSplit API calls come in at the same time to split the same invoice. 

In the above example, there were concurrent API calls caused the invoice to be split multiple times because we didn't lock the invoice while the first invoice split API call was still running.

Workaround:
Avoid using concurrent API calls to split the invoice, as this operation will most likely cause this issue. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

RE: Why was my invoice split multiple times automatically?

Root Cause:
This is a known issue with tracking number INV-43. And the issue happens only when multiple InvoiceSplit API calls come in at the same time to split the same invoice. 

In the above example, there were concurrent API calls caused the invoice to be split multiple times because we didn't lock the invoice while the first invoice split API call was still running.

Workaround:
Avoid using concurrent API calls to split the invoice, as this operation will most likely cause this issue. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)