Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Why user could not create credit memo with the amount of the invoice balance

Highlighted
Support SME

Why user could not create credit memo with the amount of the invoice balance

Problem:

User wants to create a credit memo in an invoie, and the total amount on the Invoice is 880.00(800+tax is 80), however, when creating the credit memo, the available to credit is displaying as 80 instead of 880

Solution:

Here we need explain what is "available to credit"(ATC).
    If an invoice(100) is posted. Then the ATC of the invoice is 100.
    If a CM(10) is created from this invoice. When the CM is posted, the invoice's ATC=100-10=90.
    If another CM(30) is created from this invoice. When the CM(30) is posted, the invoice's ATC=90-30=60.

If customer do not want to use the "available to credit" validation, they can change the setting by: Billing Setting-> Billing Rules.
    https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/Billing_Settings/Define_Billing_Rules#Available_to_cred...

Customer can set the "Available to credit" validation level to "None".  Then Zuora will not block creating CM from invoice when the memo amount is greater than "available to credit" amount of invoice.

For this invoice, even there is no any credit memo transaction assoicated with it, we cannot see anything in the invoice page, user can check the invoice associated customer account and in account page, Transactions section, Credit Memo tab, there should has the credit memo which has been created from this invoice already listed. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Why user could not create credit memo with the amount of the invoice balance

Thank you @Yvonne !

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √