Happy Business Starts Here

Why the payment method got closed again and again while it has not reached its exiration date yet?

Highlighted
Support SME

Why the payment method got closed again and again while it has not reached its exiration date yet?

I've payment method updater configured in my tenant.

There is a payment method kept getting closed by the payment method updater even it has not reached to its expiration date yet.

Why is that happening and how could I stop it?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Why the payment method got closed again and again while it has not reached its exiration date ye

A payment method could be closed by different reasons in reality but in Zuora, when a payment method is closed by the payment method updater, the reason is that the payment gateway has returned us a record to let us close the account(close the payment method).

On Zuora side, once the Payment Method Updater is active, there is no option to configure it skip the type of AccountClosed event.

And in many cases, the payment gateway is also known about the real reason why the got an account closed response from the card issuer bank. In most cases, the issue will need to be resolved by the user and their card issuer bank.

But in case the account close is not expected and you'd like to further confirm with payment gateway, here are the steps of how to find the record when the payment method was closed and the data we got from payment gateway.

1) login to your tenant and go to Data Source Export

2) select Payment Method Update as the Data Souce Object

3) select the fields you'd like to check

4) add below filters 

Payment Method Update: Billing Account ID = [the owner account id]

Payment Method Update: Status = Updated

Payment Method Update: Update Type = AccountClosed

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.40.35 PM.png

Then you could share the exported file to payment gateway and highlight the column of Payment Method Update: Retrieve Response Transaction Log and request for further investigation for that.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √