Happy Business Starts Here

Why a cancelled account got the notification for credit card expiration?

Rossi
Support SME

Why a cancelled account got the notification for credit card expiration?

We just received a complaint from an end customer that they cancelled our service but still received notification email of credit card expiration. Can you let us know why this happened?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rossi
Support SME

Re: Why a cancelled account got the notification for credit card expiration?

The Credit Card Expiration notification doesn't check if the Account is in Cancelled or Active status, therefore, even though the Customer Account is cancelled, the email notification for credit card expiration will still be sent out. If you do not wish the Credit Card Expiration notification to be triggered on Cancelled Account, you may consider either one of the following approaches:

1. Set a system Payment Method to the Account so that the Credit Card is not the Default Payment Method on the Account;

2. Move the Cancelled Account into a different Communication Profile where all notifications are disabled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rossi
Support SME

Re: Why a cancelled account got the notification for credit card expiration?

The Credit Card Expiration notification doesn't check if the Account is in Cancelled or Active status, therefore, even though the Customer Account is cancelled, the email notification for credit card expiration will still be sent out. If you do not wish the Credit Card Expiration notification to be triggered on Cancelled Account, you may consider either one of the following approaches:

1. Set a system Payment Method to the Account so that the Credit Card is not the Default Payment Method on the Account;

2. Move the Cancelled Account into a different Communication Profile where all notifications are disabled.

View solution in original post