Happy Business Starts Here

When apply a payment, why do I get "effective date should be later than or equal to the latest.."?

Support SME

When apply a payment, why do I get "effective date should be later than or equal to the latest.."?

When apply a payment, why do I get "The specified effective date should be later than or equal to the latest date of the application group."?

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: When apply a payment, why do I get "effective date should be later than or equal to the la

After Invoice Settlement is enabled, you might see the above message. Steps: 

1. Create a payment and do not apply it to any invoice or DM. 
2. Apply a partial amount to an invoice and set Effective Date to 04/30/2019 (Today is 04/02/2019). 
3. Try to apply the rest amount to another invoice and set the Effective Date earlier than Effective Date, such as 04/02/2019. You will get error "The specified effective date should be later than or equal to the latest date of the application group."

If you use Data Source Exprot to export object Payment Application and apply filter payment number equals to the sample payment number, you will see the first applied "Payment Application: Effective Date" has been set to 04/30/2019.

Resolution: When apply the payment to another invoice, the Apply Payment Effective Date cannot be ealier than the previous "Payment Application: Effective Date", in this case 04/30/2019. 

Payments.png