Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

What are the CVV filtering and AVS filtering boxes in Gateway setup?

QUESTION:

Can someone help me understand the purpose and working of the two filters?

Enable CVV Filtering and Enable AVS Filtering on Gateway Config page.  

1. If I keep these boxes unchecked will gateway perform any CVV and AVS checks? 
2. Do the customers need these checked even if they have a CVV and AVS service directly with the gateway? 
3. Is the outcome gateway dependant?

In short, if these are unchecked will the gateway skip these checks irrespective of the checks on the gateway end or do Zuora filters act as second layer of filtering? 

Marlene Summers | Zuora, Inc.
Vice President, Customer Support Services & Community
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: What are the CVV filtering and AVS filtering boxes in Gateway setup?

1. If I keep these boxes unchecked will gateway perform any CVV and AVS checks? 
 Yes, the requirement to run both CVV or AVS is configured at the gateway setup, separate from Zuora. Nothing to do with these boxes.

2. Do the customers need these checked even if they have a CVV and AVS service directly with the gateway? 
Customers should keep these 'unchecked' by default. If you check them, Zuora will override and decline translations which return certain response codes, even if the transaction is successful (as in allowed) on the gateway side.

3. Is the outcome gateway dependant?

Yes in that not all Gateways have this checkbox for the Zuora setup. These ones that do are documented:

In general, I wouldn't recommend checking these filters unless there is a specific use case you are seeking to address.

Marlene Summers | Zuora, Inc.
Vice President, Customer Support Services & Community
Highlighted
Guru

Re: What are the CVV filtering and AVS filtering boxes in Gateway setup?

@marlene I found this article very helpful.  We implemented Vantiv a couple years ago and it took some questions back and forth between Vantiv and Zuora to come to the conclusion that they should remain disabled and our AVS and CVV settings would be controled by vantiv.