Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Alumni

We just Migrated to Zuora and need to create a credit and/or debit balance on a customers account.

Issue:  We just Migrated to Zuora and need to create a credit and/or debit balance on a customers account, for an Invoice that was created in our previous system, so there is no record of it in Zuora.   

Question:  Is this something that we can do in Zuora?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: We just Migrated to Zuora and need to create a credit and/or debit balance on a customers accoun

This is a great question, and Yes, you can create an External Payment, which will allow you to create an open Credit Balance on a customers account, by following the steps below: 

Step 1) From the Payments Menu, select Payments. This will bring up the All Payments screen.

Step 2) From the All Payments screen click on the "create payment" button. This will bring up the Process a Payment screen.

Step 3) From the Process a Payment screen you want to complete the following information:

• Customer Account:  select the Customer account.
  • Type of Payment:  select External Payment.
  • Payment Date:  This will default to the current date.
  • Payment Method: click on the dropdown and select the payment method for this customer.
  • Payment Total:  Enter the amount for the open Credit Balance here.
  • Reference ID:  This is an optional field. But is recommended for reference purposes.
  • Comment: This is an optional filed. But it is recommended for reference purposes.

Step 4) Click on the "Additional Fields" tab here.  this will bring up the Accounting Code:  this is where you can select the GL accounting code for the open Credit balance. 

Step 5) Invoice(s) associated to this Payment:  This section will display all Invoices associated to this customer.  Since this Open Credit Balance does not apply to any of these Invoices, you will need to uncheck the box for each Invoice.  If there are no Invoices displayed here, it simply means that no Invoices have been created for this customer yet. 

Step 6) Once you reviewed to see that all of the Information is correct, you can click on the "create payment" button at the bottom.  The open Credit balance should now be reflected on the Customer accounts.

I hope that you find this information helpful!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √