Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Visa Europe (via WorldPay) Audit Questions

QUESTION:

We've received a request from Visa Europe (via WorldPay) for details around how we process payments. As our payments are processed by Zuora - there's some details we need guidance on:

1 . "The merchant should not complete a Transaction that is part of a Recurring Transaction if it receives either a Decline Response or a cancellation notice from the Cardholder. "

2. When Zuora receives declines for a card, does it/can it take action on the payment method to prevent further payment attempts? Or will it continue to attempt to bill the card as part of the dunning process? Does this vary for decline types?

3. When Zuora receives a R1 or R3 Auth Decline Response or Stop Advice (Account Updater), what action does it take on the Payment Methods? What can be configured?

4. for questions #2 and #3 - will Zuora attempt further Authorisations (as opposed to Payments) against the card following the Decline or Stop Advice?

5. Are all transactions that Zuora processes set up as recurring transactions for the card holder? Or is this again configurable?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Visa Europe (via WorldPay) Audit Questions

RESPONSE:

1) "The merchant should not complete a Transaction that is part of a Recurring Transaction if it receives either a Decline Response or a cancellation notice from the Cardholder."

• in Zuora, once a Payment transaction is declined, the transaction is set as an Error and nothing else happens after this. The transaction is ended. If the cardholder informs of a cancellation then the payment method on file will need to be manually set to Closed so it will no longer be used for processing transactions.

2) When Zuora receives declines for a card, does it/can it take action on the payment method to prevent further payment attempts? Or will it continue to attempt to bill the card as part of the dunning process? Does this vary for decline types?

• There is a feature in your Zuora UI called Payment Retry Rules. Zuora allows you to retry payments on a scheduled basis by using scheduled payment runs which will process any invoices that have not been fully paid for customers who have auto-pay enabled. You can also specify the maximum number of consecutive times a failed payment method (for example, credit card) is retried for payment, as well as the ability to define a time period to not retry a payment. So to answer the first part of the question, further action depends on both A) Scheduled Payment Runs setup and B) Payment Retry Rules. This does not vary based on decline type- any decline type is considered a decline in Zuora which sets the transaction to Error status.

3) When Zuora receives a R1 or R3 Auth Decline Response or Stop Advice (Account Updater), what action does it take on the Payment Methods? What can be configured?

• A 'standard' Payment Declined response does not affect the Payment Method. 'Account Closed' or 'Stop Advice' WILL close the Payment Method IF YOU ARE UTILIZING the WorldPay High Capacity Gateway Updater. Configuration for the WorldPay Updater can be found in the preceding link.

4)  For questions #2 and #3 - will Zuora attempt further Authorisations (as opposed to Payments) against the card following the Decline or Stop Advice?

• During the pre-authorization process if a card gets any response OTHER THAN an Approval, the payment method will not be created as long as the "Verify Credit Cards" setting is enabled in the payment gateway setup. For more information on this process please read HERE. Therefore, if the "Verify Credit Card" setting is disabled then a card can be added/created as a Payment Method regardless if it is approved or declined.

5) Are all transactions that Zuora processes set up as recurring transactions for the card holder? Or is this again configurable?

• Different payment gateways have configurable settings that allow you to setup transactions as Recurring VS Ecommerce VS Moto, etc. In regards to WorldPay, this would rely on the "Merchant Code" provided by WorldPay, which is utilized during your WorldPay payment gateway setup. If you would like to process transactions for different types of customer interactions (e.g. e-commerce or moto) then you need to create separate WorldPay gateway instances for each. Each gateway instance has its own unique WorldPay merchant code.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √