Using CyberSource Decision Manager with Zuora

AmyLee Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff
Accepted Solution

Using CyberSource Decision Manager with Zuora

The Problem: Zuora customers would like to take advantage of Decision Manager, a Fraud Management Service provided by CyberSource. Today, Zuora doesn’t send any special flags on any requests to CyberSource, and so by default, DM ends up running on every card verification and payment. The ideal solution would be to have DM only run on the initial card verification, and not on any recurring payments. This would reduce costs, each DM call has a cost, and prevent false positives, where DM declines a previously approved card.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

AmyLee Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Re: Using CyberSource Decision Manager with Zuora

Solution: A number of different options were discussed.

- A readily-available solution is to take advantage of the fact that DM can be turned off by default and only requested when needed, using the Advanced Fraud Screening (AFS) option. Given that Zuora supports Gateway Options, an ability to pass arbitrary key-value pairs to CyberSource, the thought would be to have the customer send in the DM request whenever the card is verified (upon entry via HPM). 

- The long-term solution is for Zuora to automatically send specific flags that disable DM with each Payment call. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

jsnplank Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

Regarding gateway options, how does this work with custom values defined within CyberSource?  For example, I've created a custom field within CyberSource named "Posting City."  The CyberSource order element is: merchant_defined_data1.  CyberSource's documentation says Custom Fields Simple Order API field names are merchantDefinedData_mddField1 to 100.  Based on that, I defined a key on my HTML form named "param_gwOptions_merchantDefinedData_mddField1" and set it's value to "Richmond."  This value  is NOT making it into CyberSource..

jsnplank Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

The tech contact at Cybersource helped me out with this.  Custom field gateway option parameters field names are "param_gwOptions_merchantDefinedData_mddField_1" 

Lana Community Manager

Community Manager

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing the solution with us, @jsnplank!

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jsnplank Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

[ Edited ]

You have this backwards.  The only way to selectively use DM within Cybersource is to default DM to be ON for the service you require (Authorization and Advance Fraud Screening for example) and then using the gateway options you can send 'param_gwOptions_decisionManager_enabled' with the value 'false' to turn it OFF.  You can't selectively turn it ON.

Defaulting DM to ON is done on the CyberSource side.

keenan Zuora Alumni

Zuora Alumni

Zuora Alumni

The way that we have advised customers to configure this in Cybersource is to disable DM for Authorizations and then to enable Advanced Fraud Screen in the settings. That way it isn't invoking the DM fraud check for all authorizations, particularly ones that are considered relatively safe (like recurring payments in your payment run).

And then you can pass in the gateway option afsService_run = true to invoke Decision Manager as you're doing the payment method creation/authorization. So it would be param_gwOptions_afsService_run with value of true.

It should look like this in settings:

Cybersource_Decision_Manager_Configuration

jsnplank Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

I'll try this today.  Thanks for the reply.

jsnplank Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

This seems to do the trick.  Thanks for the reply!

netajiediga Tutor

Tutor

Tutor

We already enabled AVS check and planning to use Decision Manager for fraud prevention in Cybersource.

We want to do both AVS check and Advanced Fraud screen only for new/update payment methods.

I have 2 questions relate to this.

1. We do create/update Payment method through Hosted page. Please let me know how (from where) to pass the gateway option param_gwOptions_afsService_run as true in hosted page, to do Fraud check?

2. Currently AVS check is turned ON in cybersource. But we want to do AVS check only for new/update payment methods. How to pass this flag (in hosted page) from Zuora to Cybersource, so that it ignores for recurring payments and does AVS check for new/update payment methods.

Regards,

Netaji