Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Updating payment method to ACH, unable to save

Hello, trying to set up a test case for auto payment. I input all the ACH bank data into the Electronic Payment method, and I have the Default Payment Method checked as ACH, however, when I try to save everything, it tells me:

“because this customer account is designated as auto-pay you must specify an electronic payment method as the default”.

What am I missing?

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

5 REPLIES 5
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Updating payment method to ACH, unable to save

Under the customer account, you will need to set the "Default Payment Method" field to the actual electronic payment method's ACH account (it will have the last 4 digits ofr the ACH account#).

When you click on EDIT then open up the dropdown menu for this field, you will see the ACH payment method. 

This should take care of the popup message.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Partner

Specifically I'm referring to: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/C_REST_API/B_REST_API_reference/Accounts/1_Create_ac...

It states: hpmCreditCardPaymentMethodId is optional but if you put in an ACH payment method id, the whole thing borks. Better to specify the payment method is as a SOAP call. It's an example of why the REST API isn't ready for prime time and why the SOAP API is still the safer place to go for implementations where the REST API isn't quite there yet. We raised it with support a while ago.

Partner

From the UI perspective the guidance is clear. It's different for implementors and users of Zuora APIs.

Namely choose your gateway, choose your electronic payment method. click save.

For integrators it's different

Valued Scholar

Hey MikeMartin Is there a resoltion to the ACH payment method not working, or do you still need to use SOAP? My understanding was that the REST API was now complete and SOAP had been deprecated.

Tutor

We are running into the same issue!   Using REST API we are trying to create a new account using ACH.