Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Updating Payment stuck in Processing - but getting Duplicate Transaction ID error

Question:

We're trying to update a Payment that is stuck in Processing status by following the process described in the solution article:

https://community.zuora.com/t5/Billing-Payments/How-to-update-the-Stuck-Payment-that-is-on-Processin...

However when we're about to save the new status, we get the error: "Duplicate transaction id", and the status of the Payment transaction does not update. How do we proceed?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Updating Payment stuck in Processing - but getting Duplicate Transaction ID error

Answer:

This error indicates that the wrong TransactionId was provided from the Gateway, as it is unique and is already associated to another existing Zuora transaction.

The field in question is:

transaction.jpg

So if we'd like to look up which payment is actually blocking us from updating our current one, we can find the existing transaction by running the following export:

reference.jpg

Since reference IDs are unique on the Gateway's side as well, these type of issues usually happen if we manually mix up similar transaction IDs.

This check is basically introduced to avoid having 2 unique Zuora transactions point to one single Gateway transaction, as that never should be the case.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √