Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Unable to Reverse Invoice

When we are trying to reverse the invoice, we are getting the below error. 

"Only the most recent legal document for an account can be reversed".

reverse invoice.png

Background of the Issue:

1) A customer account has two active subscritpions and genreated the invoices seperately.

2) Subscripiton A has a recurring charge and most recent Invoice INV00000001 created on 2019-11-04.

3) Subscripiton B has usage charge, Fixed discount charge and most recent Invoice INV00000002 created on 2019-11-06.

When the user trying to reverse the Invoice INV00000001 for subscription A, they are getting the above error ("Only the most recent legal document for an account can be reversed").

Since we can reverse the most recently generated invoices for each subscription, why we are not able to do it for the above case?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Unable to Reverse Invoice

Answer:

For the above scenario,

1) Subscription A has a recurring charge associated only to the subscripiton.

2) Subscription B has a usage charge assiciated only to the subscription, but it has a discount charge which is associated to all the charges in the account. 

discount.png

3) The discount charge related to both of the subscrioptions.

4) The validation of the most recent Invoice is actually performed at Charge level of the Invoice.

5) Hence the latest Invoice generated in this account INV00000002(Subscription B) does not allow the user to reverse Invoice INV00000001.

6) This is observed as a expected behaviour from zuora.

for more details check out : https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/IA_Invoices/Reverse_Posted_Invoices

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √