Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

Unable to Delete Cancelled Amendment

Question:I'm trying to delete A-AM0148963 and I received the following error "This amendment cannot be undone since invoicing has already occurred past the end of the previous version of the subscription." However there are no transactions or invoices(i deleted all the associated invoices) against Subscription: A-S00001234. Please advise what is limiting the deletion of this amendment.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Staff

Re: UNABLE TO DELETE CANCELLED AMENDMENT

Answer: 

Once an invoice has been generated for an amended subscription, Zuora will no longer allow you to delete that amendment. If you attempt to delete an amendment that has already been invoiced, Zuora will display an error message indicating that the action cannot be completed. The error message: This amendment cannot be undone since charges modified by this amendment have already been invoiced

You can also use the delete() API call on an Amendment object to erase the latest amendment made to a subscription only if an invoice has NOT been generated for it.

Possible workaround:

1) If there is Invoice generated after the Cancellation Amendment, in addition to deleting the generated invoices, you will also need to delete ANY corresponding Bill Runs that were:
a) performed after the cancellation amendment AND
b) include those customer accounts as one of the "Selected Customer Accounts"

2) If there is no Invoice generated after the Cancellation Amendment, the reason you are unable to delete the cancelled amendment is because the Bill Run that processed the invoices has locked the segment of the Amendment. If the Bill Run was run for a single account then you can delete the Bill Run and then delete the amendment. This is by design to follow best practices and comply with audit trail.

Supported Article:https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/kb/How_do_I_undo_a_change_made_to_a_subscription%3F#Delete_an_amen...

Valued Scholar

We are having a simililar issue - We cancelled a subsccription so no inovices have been generated on the account since being cancelled, but it will not let us delete the cancelled subscription amendment. 

Highlighted
Support SME

If there's no Invoice generated for the Cancellation Amendment and the same error is encountered when trying to delete the Amendment, the best practice is to create another new Subscription with desired Start Date and Product Rate Plan.

SigNowBlue.png