Happy Business Starts Here

Troubleshooting - Declining payments in the sandbox environment

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Troubleshooting - Declining payments in the sandbox environment

Hello.

We're experiencing a bit of an issue when trying to provoke certain states in the sandbox environment. To be able to implement or 

1) What we want to achieve: we want to be able to test the callout being triggered once a payment has been declined but we can't seem to get this to work. Each time we're creating bill and payment runs in the sandbox environment, the payment either goes through without any issues or is not created at all. Hence, the callout is not triggered as well.

2) What we tried so far: the first thing we tried was to deactivate the payment method validation on update, change the dates until a credit card, for instance, is valid to values the API usually doesn't accept. In this case, the payment is created properly during the payment run as if it would still be valid. The account balance was 0. During our second attempt, we updated the status of the payment method to closed. During the payment run, no payment was created and the balance of the account was still positive. So we couldn't provoke a declined payment either.

3) We also tried to tinker a bit with the options provided before you actually do bill or payment runs, no success so far.

So any help on how to provoke a declined payment in the sandbox environment highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Re: Troubleshooting - Declining payments in the sandbox environment

Hello,

A lot of the testing will rely on your gateway and test account set up. You will need to set up a test account with a declined card so that it creates the call out. Have you tried setting a test account with a card that will decline?

Thank you,

Monique

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Hello,

A lot of the testing will rely on your gateway and test account set up. You will need to set up a test account with a declined card so that it creates the call out. Have you tried setting a test account with a card that will decline?

Thank you,

Monique

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

It seems like it is possible to store invalid payment details in the system by deactivating the Verify new credit card option in the back office tool. See Payments > Setup Payment Gateway > Edit (the one you're using). Thanks for the hint.