Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Transfer Credit balance between child accounts

We have two customer accounts, each that are generating invoices (one positive, one negative) that are offsetting each other. is there a way to apply one balance to the other between customer accounts?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Transfer Credit balance between child accounts

At this time, credit balance cannot be transferred between child accounts under a parent account.

As workaround you can try the following:

1) Post the negative invoice on the child account.
2) Transfer the negative invoice to the credit balance.
3) Process an external refund to zero out the credit balance.
4) Apply an external payment to the other child account with the positive invoice for the amount of the negative invoice to zero out.

Here are some articles on processing external refunds and external payments on accounts:

Additionally, our product management team is aware of this limitation and planning to release a new feature called 'Advanced A/R Settlement' which will further enhance the credit balance feature. To stay up-to-date on this, and further releases, please subscribe to our Zuora Announcements section of our Community: https://community.zuora.com/t5/Announcements/ct-p/Announcements

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Transfer Credit balance between child accounts

At this time, credit balance cannot be transferred between child accounts under a parent account.

As workaround you can try the following:

1) Post the negative invoice on the child account.
2) Transfer the negative invoice to the credit balance.
3) Process an external refund to zero out the credit balance.
4) Apply an external payment to the other child account with the positive invoice for the amount of the negative invoice to zero out.

Here are some articles on processing external refunds and external payments on accounts:

Additionally, our product management team is aware of this limitation and planning to release a new feature called 'Advanced A/R Settlement' which will further enhance the credit balance feature. To stay up-to-date on this, and further releases, please subscribe to our Zuora Announcements section of our Community: https://community.zuora.com/t5/Announcements/ct-p/Announcements

View solution in original post