Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

'There are some invalid records in this import.' happens when upload the usage record file.

When uploading the usage record file, csv or excel, the record cannot be uploaded and in the Import Notification: Failed notification, the message looks like: 

Import Status: Failed
Status Description: There are some invalid records in this import.

The sample usage file: 

ACCOUNT_ID UOM QTY STARTDATE ENDDATE SUBSCRIPTION_ID CHARGE_ID DESCRIPTION
A00000021 Each 7 7/1/2018 7/31/2018 A-S00001577 C-00008802  

Regards,
Yong Xiang | yxiang@zuora.com
Application Support Engineer | Zuora Inc.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: 'There are some invalid records in this import.' happens when upload the usage record file.

In this example, the billing period for July is closed once an invoice is generated using a bill run target date of August 1st. For this monthly charge, setting the bill run target date to the next bill cycle day (that is, August 1st) will close the July billing period and open up the next billing period for August. Once the July billing period is closed, any additional usage records dated in July will not be uploaded and picked up for billing.

As the workaround/resolution, you may cancel the invoice with target date August 1st, this will reopen the July billing period. Upload the usage file and rerun the bill run. 

Reference: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/J_Billing_Operations/Usage/A_On-Demand_Usage_Rating

Regards,
Yong Xiang | yxiang@zuora.com
Application Support Engineer | Zuora Inc.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √