Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

The Bill Run cannot be Cancelled, there are Posted Invoices

Problem: When clicking "Cancel this bill run" on a bill run detail page, it throws a pop-up message "The Bill Run cannot be Cancelled, there are Posted Invoices" and nothing happens afterwards.

j1.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: The Bill Run cannot be Cancelled, there are Posted Invoices

Solution: Error is currently telling us that some invoice(s) on this bill run is associated with other bill run(s) that is preventing the cancellation request. To know what bill run is associated to what bill run, below are the steps you need to take:

1. Identify the date the bill run was created and once its completed.

2. Create a Export ZOQL using this format:

<ns1:create>
<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:Export">
<ns2:Format>csv</ns2:Format>
<ns2:Name>Bill Run review</ns2:Name>
<ns2:Query>SELECT Id, createddate, updateddate, invoicenumber, sourceid FROM invoice where createddate &gt;= '2016-07-11T14:32:17' and createddate &lt;= '2016-07-11T15:42:40' and updateddate &gt; '2016-07-11T15:42:40' and sourceid != 'BR-00033269' </ns2:Query>
</ns1:zObjects>
</ns1:create>

3. This should return a file that will help you identify the invoices that are associated with more than bill runs. By design, if an account's invoice is in Draft status and the account is billed again via another bill run, the new charges would be added to the Draft invoice which makes the Draft invoice being associated to more than one bill runs.

Therefore, you can consider a) manually cancel the Draft invoice and not via Bill Run or b) cancel the other Bill Run and then cancel the bill run that throws the error.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)