Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Related Invoice field on a Credit Memo

Question:

When the Credit Memo is being applied to an Invoice as part of a Payment Run, then the Related Invoice field on the Credit Memo (when you look at it from the Zuora UI) doesn't get populated. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 3.42.13 PM.png

It does get populated if you manually apply the Credit Memo to an Invoice. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 3.37.07 PM.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Related Invoice field on a Credit Memo

Answer:

As per the current product design, the merge field  for "Related Invoice” field is CreditMemo.ReferredInvoiceNumber. And as per the KC, CreditMemo.ReferredInvoiceNumber - The invoice number associated with this credit memo. Refer the documentation as below.

If you perform the Data Source export of the “Credit Memo Application” object, you can find the Source and the associated invoice of the credit memos. For the DSE, we used below details.

Data Source: Credit Memo Application
Fields: CreditMemoApplication.ID, CreditMemo.CreditMemoNumber, CreditMemo.Source, Invoice. InvoiceNumber
Filter: CreditMemoNumber = <value>

We checked the source of both the above mentioned credit memos and results are as below.

Credit Memo
Source
Invoice
CM00000123
API
INV00000797
CM00000132
AdhocFromInvoice
INV00000288

"Related Invoice" (CreditMemo.ReferredInvoiceNumber) of a CM will have value only if it is generated from an invoice, as we can see for credit memo CM00000132 (Credit Memo: Source AdhocFromInvoice). 

We  found that the credit memo CM00000123 was generated from API (Credit Memo: Source API). The relationship of CM00000123 and INV00000797 reflects on Credit Memo Application. It is very similar to the Payment Application. We can simply consider CM00000123 is a 'payment' and it is applied to INV00000797, but it is not referred to INV00000797. We checked the credit memo merge fields https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/Invoice_Settlement/B_Credit_and_Debit_Memos/Generate_Me... and Credit Memo Application fields are not supported yet. 

So, for now the Related Invoice” field only populate for the credit Memos which were generated from an invoice.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √