Happy Business Starts Here

Prorate for partial period

Zakspeed
Savvy Scholar

Prorate for partial period

Hi everyone,

on my sandbox I can't reproduce a case of proration for partial period having set a Bill recurring charges for partial month to NO. An example is given in the “PRORATION” document in the Knowledge Center this article under “Prorate for partial period”. The example shows that by setting the partial proration to YES and the monthly proration to NO, the invoice generated would ignore the partial month and show a prorated charge for a partial service period.

In the example there is a charge with a billing period set to Quarterly, the Bill cicle day of the account is set as "1st of the month" and the subscription trigger date is 7/15/2018.

From the documentation the result should produce an invoice showing a prorated charge for the service period 8/1/2018 - 9/30/2018 (2 full months of a Quarterly billing period).

Reproducing everything on my sandbox I find something quite different, that is the first invoice with a service period 1/8/2018 - 10/31/2018 (the full billing period without any proration).

Could you help me understand this? Thank you.