Happy Business Starts Here

Paypal error: 105- Credit error: Credit request cannot be performed on unsettled transactions

Highlighted
Support SME

Paypal error: 105- Credit error: Credit request cannot be performed on unsettled transactions

We are running test purchases received this error msg:

"105 -- Credit error: Credit request cannot be performed on unsettled transactions, try again in 2 hours"

How do I overcome this so that I can perform refunds on test transactions. A PayPal gateway is being used.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Paypal error: 105- Credit error: Credit request cannot be performed on unsettled transactions

When you process a payment on any platform, that payment is only PENDING and needs to be SETTLED by the payment gateway in order for it to be finalized. During this time, you can only VOID the payment since it is still pending. Once a payment has settled, you then have the option to REFUND the payment.

You can use a general 1-day window for this:

• If the payment is less than 1-day old, you can only VOID.
  • If it is more than 1-day old, you can REFUND.

You cannot void a payment once its settled and you cannot refund a payment if it is not settled.

The settlement timeframe varies per Payment Gateway. You can follow up directly with your Paypal support team to verify the settlement time for your merchant account. 

For more information please check out our Knowledge Center article regarding How much time do I have to void a payment? which further explains Refunds vs Voids.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √