Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Payment Effective Date for payment run set with a target date

Question/ Issue:

I have a payment dated 10/02 for an invoice dated 9/30 but I wanted the payment dated 9/30. My payment run target date is set for 9/30 but did not run until 10/02.

When I go into the UI to create a payment I can't edit the payment date, it pops up with today's date and can't be edited.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Staff

Re: Payment Effective Date for payment run set with a target date

Response:

The only fix for this issue is to create an API call. You will not be able to fix this in the Tenant UI.

Knowledge Center indicates the SOAP call will let you set the Effective Date (REST only has an 'invoice and collect' call at the moment). I created a payment with the SOAP API with an Effective Date of 9/30 and now I have payment dated that same date, so it'll be counted in Sept and not Oct.

Given all of this the only solution is use an API call:  Create payments Call for invoices dates 9/30 and use effective date 9/30
1. Refund all the 'late' payments.

2. Don't write off the invoices, just refund the payments so the invoices will have open balances again.
2. Using the SOAP API create payments for all these 9/30 invoices with an Effective Date of 9/30.

Reference Article:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Payment

Screenshot (94).png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √