Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Overriding Accounting Codes on a Payment

Question:  

Can I override the Accounting codes on a Payment?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Alumni

Re: Overriding Accounting Codes on a Payment

Response:

Great Question!  Yes, you can override the accounting code on payment transactions when you are either creating a payment, or on an existing payment. However, before you can override accounting codes, you must configure your user accounts to add the Override Accounting Code permission. Below are the instructions to enable the Override Accounting permission:

• Step 1 - Click your user name at the top right and navaigate to Settings > Administration > Manage User Roles.
  • Step 2 - From the View Role List of list, select Payments.
  • Step 3 - lick on the name of an existing custom role, or click Add new role.
    • You must use a custom role or create a new role. You cannot edit the existing Zuora Payments Standard User role.
    • If you click Add new role, Zuora opens a new page where you can fill in the basic information for the custom role. Eneter the Role Name and and a description for the custome role.
  • Step 4 - Check to enable the Override Accounting Code permission.
  • Step 5 - Click save
  • Step 6 - Now you can assign this user role to your users: if this is a a role already assigned to your users, then you do not need to re-assign it to them.

Now that you have configured the permissions, you can now override accounting codes on new and existing payments. Below are the steps to follow for Overriding Accounting codes on when creating a New Payment, or edit an Existing Payment to change the accounting code.

Overriding accounting codes when creating a new payment:

• Step 1 - Go through the steps of creating a payment, but do not click create payment.
  • Step 2 - Click Additional Fields to display the accounting code. By default, the accounting code is inherited form the payment method.
  • Step 3 - Select the new accounting code from the list to change the accounting code. 
  • Step 4 - Click Create payment.

Override Pymt 2.png

Overriding accounting codes on an existing payment:

You can also edit a payment to change the accounting code. To Override Accounting code on an existing payment, the following rules apply.

• Rule 1 - You cannot edit an accounting code for a payment that belongs to a closed accounting period.
  • Rule 2 - The transferred to accounting status for the payment cannot be "Processing" or "Yes". 

Override Existing Pymt 1.png

I hope that you found this information useful.  

Zuora Staff

Re: Overriding Accounting Codes on a Payment

Great Answer Vickie!! Thank you for providing great instructions!