Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

Notification Event Types Missing

Question: When creating or editing a new communication profile, there are some notification event types missing. Why is that?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Notification Event Types Missing

Response: In Zuora, there are two types of notifications: Tenant and Account level.

• Tenant level notifications are ones that your staff may receive. such as Bill Runs, Payment Runs, and Important Completion/Failures. These types of notifications help customers understand what is happening on the Zuora tenant and these notifications will not make it to your end-user (customer).
  • Account level notifications are ones that will inform the individual accounts (your customers) about a specific event, such as invoice posted, payment method expiry, etc.

By design, new communication profiles created will not inherit the tenant-level notifications since the account level users should not be getting these types of notifications. You will only see the options for:

notification.PNG

For more information about Notifications and Event Types, please see these Knowledge Center articles:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Response: In Zuora, there are two types of notifications: Tenant and Account level.

• Tenant level notifications are ones that your staff may receive. such as Bill Runs, Payment Runs, and Important Completion/Failures. These types of notifications help customers understand what is happening on the Zuora tenant and these notifications will not make it to your end-user (customer).
  • Account level notifications are ones that will inform the individual accounts (your customers) about a specific event, such as invoice posted, payment method expiry, etc.

By design, new communication profiles created will not inherit the tenant-level notifications since the account level users should not be getting these types of notifications. You will only see the options for:

notification.PNG

For more information about Notifications and Event Types, please see these Knowledge Center articles:

View solution in original post

Highlighted

How do you activate tenant level notifications, I am receiving some of them, but not sure how to add new ones. Which communication profile would it go through? 

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Hi Olga,

To set those tenant level notifications, go here:

•  Settings > Z-Billing Settings > Setup Profiles, Notifications and Email Templates

In the upper right, you should view the "Default Profile."

defaultprofile.PNG

Active notification events will have a green checkmark next to it. Those are the ones that are currently sending out notifications.