Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Community Manager

Litle ACH Verification Error 956 - Merchant is not authorized to perform Echeck Verification transactions

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Litle ACH Verification Error 956 - Merchant is not authorized to perform Echeck Verification transactions

QuestionI tried adding an ACH payment method for a customer and it didn't work. It's saying our Merchant does not accept electronic checks? I thought this was activated?

Answer: Our integration to Vantiv requires eCheck verification to be turned on from the Vantiv side, and that's how all of our customers transact with ACH. However, the eCheck verification service is provided by a third party which requires approval. You can review the process with your Vantiv account manager.

In the interim, in Zuora, the eCheck Verification can be turned off by unchecking the "Verify new credit card" and "Verify updated credit card" settings on the Vantiv gateway configuration in Zuora. Please note that this will also turn off authentication on Credit Cards. It is therefore recommended that two separate instances of the Vantiv gateway are configured within Zuora, one that has verification turned on(credit cards only), and one that does not(ACH only). 

Verifynewcard.png

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Guru

Re: Litle ACH Verification Error 956 - Merchant is not authorized to perform Echeck Verification tra

Has there been any progress on a resolution between the 3rd party and Vantiv?  We are using the 2 gateway solution that is recomended in the interm, but it's been over a year and it has been difficut to manage.  looking for an update.

Guru

Re: Litle ACH Verification Error 956 - Merchant is not authorized to perform Echeck Verification tra

@Zuora-Support Looking for an update on this topic.  Is this still an issue?

I'm asking because we are noticing that ACH payments are being processed on our "Credit Card" gateway.

When adding an ACH payment method on an account, the user must also change the gateway to the specific "ACH" gateway (those 2 settings disabled), but something they don't always do that, team members forget.  The "Credit Card" gateway (those 2 settings enabled) is kept when saving the new ACH payment method and the error is not presented at the time of save.  Then electronic ACH payments are being processed without error when using the "Credit Card" gateway.

Does the error only present itself upon the initial creation of the payment method and not at the time of payment?  Why are we no longer getting an error when saving ACH payment method with a Gateway that has the 2 settings enabled?  Is there more to this issue?  Does our Vantiv AVS and/or CVV settings factor in?

We currently have 5 entities in our tenant that require seperate gateways and since there needs to be a second gateway for ACH specific, I now have 10 gateways to manage.  This gateway explosion is only going to get worst because we'll continue to bring in additional entities into our system.  I need options to consolidate.

Are other customers dealing with this 2 gateway system?

Support SME

Hi @ehavens, there was no any change on the Vantiv ACH behavior on our side.

And as far as I know, other customers who are using Vantiv to process both credit card and ACH transactions are still using separate payment gateway instances as how it recommended in below page:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/M_Payment_Gateways/Supported_Payment_Gateways/Vantiv_Pa...

(I think it will be helpful to create a post under the IDEAS forum as a feture enhancement request so other customers have the same requirement could leave comment and vote on the idea.)

One explaination of why ACH payment being processed on your Credit Card gateway is: 

The error about eCheck will only happen when adding the ACH payment method(the auth/validation action), so if the auth/validation was not enabled when the ACH payment method got added, the eCheck limitation will not affect the real payment transaction after the payment method is created.

But please feel free to file a support ticket to further investigate if that is the reason.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √