Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Issue with Card Security Code (CVV/CSC) field not saving

We are trying to test payment declined events in our sandbox environment, and have noticed an issue with the 'Card Security Code' field. The behaviour differs slightly dependent on whether the 'Verify new credit card' option is selected or not on the Payment Gateway settings. If the options is not selected (set to false) then this field has disappeared - this is both when you add a new payment card and when you try and edit a saved card. If the 'Verify new credit card' option on the payment gateway IS selected (i.e. set to true) then the field is present however it does not save - when you enter a value, select save there are no errors but if you go back in and select edit again to view your change the value has completely disappeared.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Issue with Card Security Code (CVV/CSC) field not saving

What you are experiencing is the expected behavior in Zuora in regards to the CVV field.

The CVV/CSC code can be entered & passed to the gateway to authorize the card the first time the payment method is created in Zuora (or when a payment method is updated) by having the "Verify new credit card" and/or "Verify updated credit card" settings enabled. When these settings are enabled, the CVV field will be present when creating or updating a payment method.

Lastly, the CVV/CSC code is not stored by Zuora (and passed for recurring payments). PCI regulations prohibit storing this information to avoid it being accessed by others. Therefore, you will not be able to test using the CVV code since it is not stored and passed during recurring transactions.

Resources

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √