Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Is Effective End Date included in the Invoice?

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Is Effective End Date included in the Invoice?

Is the RatePlanCharge's Effective End Date included as the service period of invoice calculation? We are using "SpecificEndDate" as the End date Condition for the subscription charges and we wanted ensure that the customer gets billed for the last date as well.

For example: The order was placed externally for dates 06/01/2020 to 05/31/2021. Should the Specific End Date at the charge level be 05/31/2021 or 06/01/2021 so that the last day is also billed.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Ravi,

The last day of the service period of the subscription is included in the invoice. As described in this KC Article, the End Date is included if you choose "Specific End Date". Please go through the Knowledge Center article which explains in detail with examples.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Hi Aslam,

The knowledge article doesn't clearly mention if the last day is included in the Invoice. I reviewed several other articles and it was not explicitly mentioned anywhere, but what I understood was that the billing will occur only till 11:59 PM of the day before the effective end date. I tested the same in Zuora as well, and billing will not including the effective end date as a service period.

Highlighted
Honor Student

Hi Arrabelli,

if you need the effective end date in billing.

Customer A:
Sub Start date: 10 Sep
Sub End date: 20 Sep

if the Customer cancels the subscription on 20

Orders:
Cancellation policy: Specific date
Date: Cancellation date +1 (21 sep)

Bill runs:
Target date: BCD.

capture 1.PNG

Thanks and Regards

Santhosh