Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Invoice generated for Pending Subscription

Question:

Invoice got generated though status of subscription pending

Status of “S-10000xxxx” is “Pending acceptance”(not active), invoice got created in Zuora. #UN00000xxx.

We have put the activation date, but customer acceptance date was not filled in. Please let us know is this an expected behavior in Zuora.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Invoice generated for Pending Subscription

Answer:

If we set "Require Service Activation of Orders?" and "Require Customer Acceptance of Orders?" to Yes under "Default Subscription Settings" in Billing Settings, the "Service activation date" and "Customer acceptance date" are required to make the subscription Active along with "Contract Effective Date".

In Subscription "S-10000xxxx", the have provided "Contract Effective" as '06/19/2018' and "Service activation date" as '12/31/2018'.

Since the "Customer acceptance date" is not provided, the Subscription is in "Pending Acceptance" status.

The product selected in Subscription has a rate plan charge’s Trigger condition as "Upon Service Activation".

Since "Upon Service Activation" has date value as "12/31/2018", To make sure the tenant can bill the charges that they have activated with contract effective date and Service Activation date, we do allow the invoice to be generated even the subscription status is Pending Acceptance as per design.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √