Re: Increase your conversion rate by setting up a backup payment gateway
Many of our B2C customers are using API (subscribe request) and HPM for collecting payment method data to create customer accounts.
There are cases that when there is an incident happening at the payment gateway side, the API request and HPM request will fail.
Especially if the incident at payment gateway side is a persistent one, it is quite possible to impact your revenue.
Here is a solution to help to reduce the chance of the impact:
Set up multiple payment gateways in your tenant, use one as default payment gateway and switch to the backup payment gateway if you monitored that the failure rate has significantly raised through the default one.
The action of switching payment gateway is supported by our API (subscribe request)/HPM by using parameters to overwrite the HPM level&tenant level defined payment gateway.
- If you’re using the subscribe request through API, the parameter is PaymentGateway, and below is the API reference of how to use it: https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/Action_POSTsubscribe
- If you’re using HPM, the parameter is field_gatewayName, and below is the document of how to use it: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/LA_Hosted_Payment_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/J_Client_Pa...
To successfully use this solution, you must complete the following preparation work before using API or HPM:
1) Create merchant account at different payment gateways
2) Build up a script to monitor the success/fail rate for your payment transactions
3) Implement logic in your code to dynamically switch payment gateway when according to the monitor result
Please always feel free to reach out to Zuora Global Support or your Customer Account Executive if you need any further assistance on above.
If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √