Happy Business Starts Here

Including Renewal Cost in Renewal Reminder Emails

Valued Scholar

Including Renewal Cost in Renewal Reminder Emails

We are trying to set up renewal reminder emails for our customers on annual subscriptions to remind them 30 days before their annual subscription renews. We would like to include the price of their subscription so they know how much we will be charging them upon renewal. I cannot seem to find a field we can include in the email that will achieve this.

6 REPLIES 6
Zuora Support

Re: Including Renewal Cost in Renewal Reminder Emails

Hi,

For email templates, you can use the Available Merge Fields only and for Upcoming Renewal Default Email Template, I checked and there is no field available related to charges.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Student

Is it possible to include their next invoice then with the renewal email?

Valued Scholar

We do this for our customers, but had to build some custom code.  Basically, we trigger a callout for x day prior to auto-renewal, then we have code that does a renew amendment preview API call where we get the invoice details and add them to the email.

Honor Student

Hi, Tatyana - we are faced with a similar dilemma. Are you sending your customer a representation of the actual invoice, or just the details? Our clients would like to receive an invoice prior to the subscription renewal date, and we are trying to determine a workable approach. Any insight you have would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Advanced Tutor

I am pretty sure it is California law to let the a customer know 30 days before auto-renewal what the amount they will be charged. It's disappointing Zuora does not give their customer a way to get compliant unless they build custom hacks.

Zuora Support

We do not have a field supporting your requirement to include the renewal amount in email notifications hence you may not be able to customize this in renewal related email notifications template.

Please refer below knowledge center article related to event types supported by Zuora related to Notification

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CF_Users_and_Administrators/Notifications/A_Viewing_the_Supported_...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √