Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

How to send the Account number (customer Id) to Cybersource as well as payment number

Questions:  How can we send the Account number (customer Id) to Cybersource as well as payment number?

Without this information, it is difficult for customer to reconcile the transactions from Zuora to Cybersource.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: How to send the Account number (customer Id) to Cybersource as well as payment number

Resolution:

In CyberSource gateway API v1.97 setup page, there is an option 'Skip optional fields'.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 1.46.53 PM.png

If this option is enabled, below 4 optional billTo fields will not be sent to CyberSource. The “billTo_customerID” is the information discussed at here:

-“billTo_customerID”
-”billTo_company”
-”billTo_phoneNumber”
-”billTo_ipAddress”

Tthe reason we have this option for merchant to select is that CyberSource has some front-end validation wherein several special characters are rejected during a transaction request. This prevents the merchants from processing successful transactions whenever there’s a special character on these optional fields wherein the validation has been implemented.

For instance, the field billTo_company does not support several special characters, including a colon ( : ) . This CyberSource optional field is mapped to the Zuora Billing Account, thus if the Account has a special character, the transaction request will fail the validation.

https://support.cybersource.com/cybskb/index?page=content&id=C1251

With above information, merchant can decide whether or not to enable the option based on their business use case.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √