Happy Business Starts Here

How to get a subscription custom field on and invoice template.

Valued Scholar

How to get a subscription custom field on and invoice template.

We have a custom field on our subscription that we need to appear in our invoice template.  I've tried about 20 different versions of our template to get this to work and I can't make it happen.  I noticed that the Subscription Number appears to pass through to the Invoice Item object  (InvoiceItem.SubscriptionNumber field) can our custom field that is attached to the Subscription Object be passedd though to the Invoice Item object?  If not is there a better way for me to get this custom field on our invoices?  

4 REPLIES 4
Guru

Re: How to get a subscription custom field on and invoice template.

@Mfischer, You can't reference the subscription custom field in the InvoiceItem table.

However, you can add custom fields from the subscription object to the invoice. The Subscription information needs to be displayed in a separate table, much like the InvoiceItem table.  It needs to be a table because there can be more than 1 subscription on an invoice.

We put the Subscription table above the InvoiceItem table on the invoice template.  I've inserted a picture of that section from our template with the merge field names exposed.  Just like the InvoiceItem table, you can put as many fields between the start and end table tags.  I hope this helps you.

Invoice Template Subscription and InvoiceItem tables.JPG

Please note that you can insert <Sort> after the table start, I removed some of those extra tbale features to get the basic pertinent information in the picture. 

Let me know if you have more questions about invoice templates.  I will help if I can.

Valued Scholar

Thank you for your reply.  I've tried this and have one issue and maybe you can help me with it.

We have two items on the subscrition and in that case the subscription number and our customer field appear twice in the upper subscription table.  If there is only one item on the subscription it only appears once.  Is it possible to limit it so that it only appears once and isn't tied to the number of items within an subscription?

Guru

Ok you'll need to add <TableFilter: ViewBy Subscription> after the Table Start tag.  you also might want to include a sort as well if there's more than 1 subscription on your invoice.

below is what we use:

«TableStart:"S"ubscription»«TableSort:"S"ubscription.SubscriptionNumber ASC»«TableFilter: ViewBy Subscription»«Subscription.SubscriptionNumber»

so the colon ":" and the "S" changes to an emoji when i posted so remove the quotation marks around the S.

Does that help you?  Let me know.

Valued Scholar

Thanks.  Worked perfectly.