Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

How to fix "TRANSACTION_FAILED: Error processing transaction.102 - The following field(s) are invalid: billTo_company"?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: How to fix "TRANSACTION_FAILED: Error processing transaction.102 - The following field(s) are invalid: billTo_company"?

billTo_company is an optional field from CyberSource, to which the Namefield of a Zuora Blling Account is mapped, when sending payment transactions from Zuora to CyberSource.

Zuora's Billing Account Name supports the fields "@", "*", "_", and most other special characters.

However, back in January of 2013, CyberSource added a more strict validation where the use of "special" characters are prohibited on payment transactions. When the new validation rules were implemented by CyberSource, payment transactions were declined for merchants who are using special characters on the Zuora Billing Account Name.

Here's the link on the field validations implemented by CyberSource - What additional field validation was added in January, 2013.

Therefore I would like to suggest you to remove the special characters in the Billing Account Name in Zuora then perform another transaction.

Alternatively you might also wish to consider to raise a request with Zuora not to send the 4 optional fields to CyberSource given that the client's business processes are not using these fields:

• billTo_customerID 
  • billTo_company
  • billTo_phoneNumber
  • billTo_ipAddress

You can also refer to this Knowledge Center article - Ability to control whether to pass optional fields to Cybersource.

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: How to fix "TRANSACTION_FAILED: Error processing transaction.102 - The following field(s) a

The release note mentioned in solution article is for CyberSource Enterprise Gateway, API v1.28 only. This is a tenant level controlled feature can be enabled by Zuora Global Support Agent.

Start from May release 2016 (R200), Zuora make this feature (Ability to control whether to pass optional fields to Cybersource) available for CyberSource Enterprise Gateway, API v1.97. However, this is not a tenant level controlled feature and can be enabled by merchant via gateway setup page.

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 10.54.40 AM.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √