Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

How should I create a payment method using "sepa_core" scheme with a GB IBAN?

I'm trying to create a Bank Account in my Gocarless account with an IBAN starting with "GB".

The request I'm using is something like below:

{ 
"AccountId": "2c92c0f9671686a201672f0a42684b15", 
"BankTransferAccountNumber": "GB60BARC20000055779911", 
"Country": "United Kingdom", 
"BankTransferAccountName": "test", 
"Email": "dummy@dummy.com", 
"FirstName": "test", 
"LastName": "test", 
"Type": "BankTransfer", 
"BankTransferType": "SEPA"
}

I've got succeeded response but when I check in my GoCardless account, the scheme used for the newly created mandate is "Bacs". 

Is there any way to create a payment method using "sepa_core" scheme on GoCardless side with a GB IBAN?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: How should I create a payment method using "sepa_core" scheme with a GB IBAN?

On GoCardless side, only EUR Bank Account supports to use "sepa_core" scheme when creating mandate with IBAN.

For GBP Bank Account, specifing "sepa_core" when creating the mandate will cause validation error as below:

And if no valud specified for scheme in the request, scheme "Bacs" will be used automatically.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 10.58.31 AM.png

So the answer to the question is: it is not supported to create a payment method using "sepa_core" scheme on GoCardless side with a GB IBAN.

On that point, our payment method type "BankTransfer - SEPA" is not being mapped to GoCardless' "sepa_core" scheme perfectly and we will improve our document to help address the confusion.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √