Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

How do i set current payment method as default payment to zuora account via hosted payment page 2.0?

How do i set current payment method as default payment to zuora account via hosted payment page 2.0?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: How do i set current payment method as default payment to zuora account via hosted payment page

There are two ways to associate a payment method to a Zuora account:

• Use the Subscribe API call to link a payment method to a newly created Zuora account
  • Add a newly created payment method to an existing Zuora account

How Zuora uses the ID depends on whether you are calling subscribe on a new or existing account:

• For a new account, if you pass in a payment method ID, Zuora associates the newly created account with this payment method ID. This payment method is set as the default for the account and therefore will be used for subsequent payments on the account.
  • For an existing account, if you pass in a payment method ID, Zuora associates the payment method with the account, and the payment method is used for this payment. However, this payment method is not be set as the default for the account, so the newly created payment method will not be applied to subsequent payments.

Please review below article, which provides the code sample for Create a Payment Method for an Existing Account. The newly created payment method will not be made default on the account. You need to use the Zuora API to update the account to set this payment method as default.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/LA_Hosted_Payment_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/Link_Paymen...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √