Happy Business Starts Here

Re: How do I edit Account info for Posted Invoices?

Community Manager

How do I edit Account info for Posted Invoices?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Question or Problem Statement:

We have encountered some use cases where when the Invoice has been Posted, the end customer requests us to change their Account information within the Posted Invoice, for example, they would like to have different Account Name, or their Contact Address has changed, etc. How do we edit those type of info when the Invoice is in Posted status? As far as I know, when an Invoice is posted, there is no way to change those information. 

Solution:

If the Account information has been changed after the Invoice has been posted and you would like to have Invoice PDF file to display the updated information, you may first update the Account information, and then re-generated the Invoice PDF file using SOAP API Update() call, please find sample code below. 

If you are not comfortable using API, another approach that you may consider is to use Invoice Word file, convert it into PDF and send it to your end customer. When clicking Invoice Word link, it will use the latest info to regenerate the Invoice word file but the conversion into PDF file and sending to your customer will have to be done outside Zuora.

<ns1:update>
<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:Invoice">
<ns2:Id>2c92a0953b7400e6013b8969371e5e29</ns2:Id>
<ns2:RegenerateInvoicePDF>True</ns2:RegenerateInvoicePDF>
</ns1:zObjects>
</ns1:update>

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Newly Enrolled

Well, it appears to be a pretty easy thing to handle. Literally, I'm quite not so familiar with Zuora API, so when I ran into that issue it wasn't the thing came to my mind in the first place. So I did it manually and with a third-party editing tool I found here ds11.pdffiller.com This one is quite similar to other software-based editing things I used before yet it's pretty cheap because the app is online-only. Nevertheless, this solution looks like even more faster thing to do

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

While the above solution still works, there's now a UI option to regenerate the invoice pdf, it's under the 'More'menu when looking at an invoice in the UI. Zuora also tracks and retains the old PDF so you later compare the old with the new if needed.