Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME
Support SME

How can I mass update customer account contact information in a Zuora tenant?

Question or Problem Statement:
I tried Import Customer Accounts(https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Customer_Accounts/A_Import_Customer_Acc...). It does not work. How can I mass update customer account contact information in a Zuora tenant?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME
Support SME

Re: How can I mass update customer account contact information in a Zuora tenant?

Solution: Here is the main section about this error: For anyone customer account, the import requires that every contact must have a unique name - that is, the first name plus space plus the last name. If the customer already has contact with that name, subsequent contact records with the same name are rejected as duplicates even if other fields are different. When this happens, the screen displays the message that would normally appear when a duplicate-named contact is entered manually: "Contact already exists with this name . Are you sure you want to save?".

The import is non-interactive and the message is only informational. If multiple contacts are rejected during the import, the message appears multiple times on the results display. The indicated contacts will have to be manually entered, created with the SOAP contact object, or re-imported after altering the names to avoid collisions. For this reason, before importing a file of contacts it may be advisable to check for duplicate names and pre-edit them to prevent collisions.

The easiest way to remedy this situation is to update the contacts via API. Doing it via API will not cause this error.

Below is the link to the SOAP API on how to update the contact as per your requirements. https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Contact 

<ns1:update>
<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:Contact">
<ns2:Id>2c92a0fe5f04fd24015f089ca0662985</ns2:Id>
<ns2:AccountId>2c92a0fe5f04fd24015f089ca05d2984</ns2:AccountId>
<ns2:Address1>1 Lakeside Drive</ns2:Address1>
<ns2:Address2></ns2:Address2>
<ns2:City>Oakland</ns2:City>
<ns2Smiley Frustratedtate>California</ns2Smiley Frustratedtate>
<ns2Smiley TongueostalCode>94612</ns2Smiley TongueostalCode>
</ns1:zObjects>

<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:Contact">
<ns2:Id>2c92a0fe5f04fd24015f089ca0732987</ns2:Id>
<ns2:AccountId>2c92a0fe5f04fd24015f089ca05d2984</ns2:AccountId>
<ns2:Address1>1 Lakeside Drive</ns2:Address1>
<ns2:Address2></ns2:Address2>
<ns2:City>Oakland</ns2:City>
<ns2Smiley Frustratedtate>California</ns2Smiley Frustratedtate>
<ns2Smiley TongueostalCode>94612</ns2Smiley TongueostalCode>
</ns1:zObjects>
</ns1:update>

Another way to mass update Contact is to use ZConnect Developer Tools Account & Contacts API Loader(Please contact your local Zuora Account Manager to confirm if you have purchased Developer Tools ), with it you can upload a csv file, in the csv file you can add the values you wanted to update.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √