Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

How can I have a Parent Account pick up the Usage Overage charges from many Child Accounts?

Question or Problem Statement:

We want to setup a parent account with multiple child accounts and have usage charges roll up to one invoice owner.

- Parent subscription has 100 included units, and $1 overage price
- Child 1 subscription has 50 included units, $0 overage price, and usage record of 30
- Child 2 subscription has 50 included units, $0 overage price, and usage record of 90
- Expectation is that Parent will get charged 20 x $1 = $20 because in total, the Child accounts went over by 20 even though Child 1 was under their 50 allotment.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME
Support SME

Re: How can I have a Parent Account pick up the Usage Overage charges from many Child Accounts?

Solution:
a).Go to Z-Billing > Settings > Define Billing Rules, and enable the Include usage from child accounts when billing? and set this into Yes.
1.png

b).Create 1 Parent Account and 2 Child Accounts
2.png

c).Parent subscription has 100 included units, and $1 overage price

3.png
d).Child 1 subscription has 50 included units, $0 overage price, and usage record of 30

4.png

e).Child 2 subscription has 50 included units, $0 overage price, and usage record of 90

5.png

f).Upload  Usage Records:
Child 1 - usage record of 30
Child 2 - usage record of 90

6.png

g).Billrun on the Parent.

7.png

8.png

h). Parent will get charged 20 x $1 = $20 because in total, the Child accounts went over by 20 even though Child 1 was under their 50 allotment.

9.png

i).Invoice

10.png

Supporting References:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √