Happy Business Starts Here

Hosted Payment Page 2.0 mini FAQ

Patrick
Zuora Staff

Hosted Payment Page 2.0 mini FAQ

The most common questions we received from customers are:

1, What kind of email validation does HPM provide?

2, Does it check for Invalid expiration date?

3, Does it check for valid credit card number?

4, Does it check for invalid ABA routing number?

5, Can HPM 2.0 update Account's Bill_To address?

6, Does it create account and subscription?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Zuora Staff

Re: Hosted Payment Page 2.0 mini FAQ

HPM 2.0 does not validate the email address, it acts as a pass-through which takes the value and sends to the payment gateway. The only validation out-of-box is enforcing the email field as a required field. 

The sole purpose of HPM is to create a new payment method ID, so it is lightweight with limited features. Having said that, email addresses can be validated but it needs to be implemented by developers.

Depending on the flow of your use case, an API call can be sent to retrieve account information and compare with the email addresses entered. Basically it needs to be done outside of HPM.

Zuora does not validate the actual date format, it does validate whether the field is empty or not on client side. It would be the payment gateway that checks whether the date entered is valid.

Yes, validation on client side is supported, you can check with this article in detail: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/B_Configur...

Same as #2 above. It will validate an empty field but not the actual number itself. The corresponding article is here.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/B_Configur...

5, Can HPM 2.0 update Accont's Bill_To address?

When the HPM creates the new payment method ID successfully (it's sole purpose), an API call to create account or update account info needs to be implemented separately. Essentially, updating any account information needs to happen outside-of and after HPM via API calls.

Same idea as #5 above. Once HPM returns a new payment method ID, a seperate API call, either REST Create Subscription or SOAP subscribe(), is needed to create account, subscription, generate invoice and collect payments.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Zuora Staff

Re: Hosted Payment Page 2.0 mini FAQ

HPM 2.0 does not validate the email address, it acts as a pass-through which takes the value and sends to the payment gateway. The only validation out-of-box is enforcing the email field as a required field. 

The sole purpose of HPM is to create a new payment method ID, so it is lightweight with limited features. Having said that, email addresses can be validated but it needs to be implemented by developers.

Depending on the flow of your use case, an API call can be sent to retrieve account information and compare with the email addresses entered. Basically it needs to be done outside of HPM.

Zuora does not validate the actual date format, it does validate whether the field is empty or not on client side. It would be the payment gateway that checks whether the date entered is valid.

Yes, validation on client side is supported, you can check with this article in detail: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/B_Configur...

Same as #2 above. It will validate an empty field but not the actual number itself. The corresponding article is here.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/G_Hosted_Commerce_Pages/B_Payment_Pages_2.0/B_Configur...

5, Can HPM 2.0 update Accont's Bill_To address?

When the HPM creates the new payment method ID successfully (it's sole purpose), an API call to create account or update account info needs to be implemented separately. Essentially, updating any account information needs to happen outside-of and after HPM via API calls.

Same idea as #5 above. Once HPM returns a new payment method ID, a seperate API call, either REST Create Subscription or SOAP subscribe(), is needed to create account, subscription, generate invoice and collect payments.

View solution in original post