Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Have the price of one Rate Plan Charge be a % of another Rate Plan Charge's price

If we sell RPC A for say $100, we want RPC B to always be 10% of A's price.  Has anyone found a way to do this?  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Guru

Re: Have the price of one Rate Plan Charge be a % of another Rate Plan Charge's price

@kevinspinelli, if you are quoting the charge via Quotes/CPQ you could use the Rules Engine to automatically adjust the list and sold to price for a particular charge. You could base it on the calculated value from the other charge.

There is no way to do this in the Zuora product catalog or builtin UI (pin one charges price to another). So for example if you were making a change to RPC A via the Zuora UI, it would not be able to automatically change RPC B.

Valued Scholar

Re: Have the price of one Rate Plan Charge be a % of another Rate Plan Charge's price

I tried using a Discount Charge with a negative %, but its not working....

Guru

The trouble i would see with a discount charge is their application is too broad to accomodate your use case as I understand it. The discount will apply to either all charges on the rate plan, subscription, or account (depending on which you set)

Your use case sounds like you have RPC A at $100 and when you add RPC B you want it to be automatically priced to $50 (if your percentage you desired was 50%)

Valued Scholar

You can setup the Discount to apply to all charges on the Subscription where the Product = X, Y. or Z.  See #4 in the URL below:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Product_Catalog/B_Charge_Models/Manage_...

Highlighted
Guru

Ah neat, I had not seen that before so they snuck that new feature past me ;-)

At the top it does mention "This feature is restricted if you have the Orders or Order Metrics feature enabled.". Not sure if that means that it requires Orders/Metrics or if it wont work with Orders/Metrics enabled.

Partner

So how would this work against a Usage charge model. For example Zuora’s own price model. As a charging company I want to charge a user X percent which could reduce on a tiered basis, based against the amount of value the client makes? I guess if the usage was dollar based and the dollar was a UOM on the Usage then that could work but wondering what Zuora’s own recommendation would be. Especially if the usages were fractional (beyond the two digit mark)