Re: Generating PayPal BAID using REST API

Hi Patrick,

Is there any update on this? 

Thank you,

Jonathan Rankin

The Guardian

Zuora Engineering

Hello, I am from the zuora engineer team.  Currently Zuora is using the NVP API which is deprecated with Braintree REST API. so for the BAID, in our KC, it is based on the NVP API to create the BAID before calling create payment method in zuora.  It may use the REST API to create the BAID, but we did not verify it yet. from our side, recommend you to keep to use the NVP API instead of the REST API to create the BAID even though it is deprecated. we will add new Paypal API integration into our development Pipleline. Please let me know if i answer all of your questions.

Savvy Scholar

Hi,  I had conversation with PayPal support and these are the steps how to integrate 

1. Complete these steps to link your PayPal sandbox to Braintree sandbox
  2. Follow the PayPal vault flow integration guide and implement the Javascript. You will receive the nonce and the other PayPal details such as shipping, email, first and last name. optionally the customers phone number and billing address can also be shared if required.
  3. You will use the nonce to create a customer.  You can optionally pass back the billing, shipping etc to us if you like.  The response will contain a PayPal account object which will contain the billing agreement IDPayPal.pngSequence Diagram
    aka BAID
  4. You can then Pass BAID, name and addresses to Zuora to create the first time charge and setup the recurring profile.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Newly Enrolled

We're refreshing our payment page and would like to maintain the ability to accept PayPal as a payment method in Zuora for our subscription service. Is there any update regarding this issue where the PayPal NVP API is currently deprecated, but Zuora doesn't seem to yet support the PayPal REST API? Are there any recommendations from the Zuora engineering team for obtaining a Billing Agreement ID through PayPal beyond what was posted here back in February regarding using Braintree?

Tags (1)