Happy Business Starts Here

Error with CM or DM - There are more than 1 tax items of the same kind for invoice item 2c92c09a6933

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Error with CM or DM - There are more than 1 tax items of the same kind for invoice item 2c92c09a6933

Question or Problem Statement:
While creating Creditmemo/Debit memo we are getting this error:
'There are more than 1 tax items of the same kind for invoice item XXXXXXXX. Zuora can not link the memo tax item to invoice tax items.

1.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Error with CM or DM - There are more than 1 tax items of the same kind for invoice item 2c92c09a

Solution:
If the values are the same in the Taxation Items fields below, CM/DM will not know how to associate a CM/DM Taxation Item to an Invoice Taxation Item, and then gives that error.

Please do a Date Source Export in Taxation Item with the following fields:

Taxation Item: Name

Taxation Item: ID

Taxation Item: Jurisdiction
Taxation Item: Tax Rate
Taxation Item: Location Code

Taxation Item: Tax Amount

Taxation Item: Tax Code

Invoice: Invoice Number

Plese do review the export. If the values are the same in:

But Taxation Item: Names are different, please contact support with the Date Source Export csv and highlight the duplicate values. We can turn on feature to have CM/DM also compared the Taxation Item: Name field to against this issue.

2.png

Note:

Please engage Your own tax engine support if you are in the case below:
You are using a 3rd party tax engine(not ZTax) and you find the TaxationItems that have the same values in:

Taxation Item: Name

Taxation Item: Tax Amount

But different TaxationItem.TaxAmount. See screenshot below:

3.png

The feature mentioned in the above will not help! Please engage your own tax engine support about how those TaxationItems were calculated. Note: in this situation, Debit Memo cannot insert those TaxationItems into Debit Memo TaxationItems. You need to contact your tax engine support to explain how they were calculated.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)